Monday, December 5, 2011

Fall Festivities

We have had such an eventful fall. I haven't had time to blog about any of it and thought I would write one post to share photos from all the happenings.


In early September over Labor Day weekend our family went to family camp.

The camp we go to has lot's of tepees . During their summer kids camps this is where the children sleep. Our kids stayed with us in the long house, but had fun posing by a tepee for this picture. :-)

J exploring the bridge

Full shot of all the tepees
FYI: This is the summer camp my husband and I attended as kids (even though we did not know each other at the time).

The long house
This contains 5 small motel style rooms with plenty of bunk beds for the whole family! This is where we stayed over the weekend.

In mid-September my husband took our little boys out for a day hike. Here they are ready for adventure!

Taking a water break

Exploring a stream
FYI- Dad dressed the boys. You can tell by E's plaid shirt and camouflage pants! lol

Snack break
The boys hiked about 2 miles round trip without any help and gained about 500 feet elevation! Not bad for a couple of toddlers!

Apple picking time!
In late September we drove about 1 hour east of us to a U-pick farm. The kids got to take a tractor ride out to the orchard.

The apples were small, but very tasty!

Me helping the boys pick

C with his first pick

Cute little I with her bag full of apples

J stole more apples than what went in the buckets!

My sweet little man!

Hunter Family fall 2011

In October a friend and I took our kiddos to a nearby children's farm and pumpkin patch. Here is our daughters in the petting zoo.

J in the jungle area riding a zerbra

Our prairie girls

The boys loved seeing all the pumpkins

Me and my kiddos

Hiding out with the Indians!

The Viking Ship

This slide is actually pretty tall. The kids enjoyed playing on it.

The whole gang!

The school house
I would love to have one of these in my backyard!

In late October my kids were invited to a homeschoolers Harvest Party. E dressed up as a train engineer. such a cutie!
I and T were prairie girls. They said they were Mary and Laura Wilder. :-)

Catching up on the latest gossip!

And the boys of course were Star Wars guys

There is no match for Darth Vader!


I hope you all have had a wonderful fall. I am looking forward to what the next season will bring!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Chari said...

looks like you did lots of fun stuff! I'm way behind picture posting as well :-(

HappilyDomestic said...

We also went to a historical farm to watch cider pressing, etc. However my pictures are on my Sony camera and i cannot find the cord I need to download them to my computer. :-( Bummer!

Jill said...

Love the pics at our local farm- that is a great place! Love the prairie dresses pic and the doll matching I's outfit! :-D

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I see lots of life happening. :) Your all so blessed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...