Friday, December 2, 2011

From Scratch - Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe


I made this a couple weeks ago and it was a huge hit with my husband. Made completely from scratch, this is a healthy and well rounded dish. It is a great alternative to delivery pizza, and just as tasty. Surprisingly, this doesn't take much time to prepare and with the no-rise pizza dough, I can get this finished in just 30 minutes. I hope you enjoy!

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

1 roll of dough
(I use this quick recipe. I switch the all purpose to whole wheat flour, the sugar for garlic powder. YUM!)
1-2 cup ground beef, cooked and seasoned
(I season with garlic powder, worsteshire sauce, salt and pepper)
1/2 cup turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
(I make my own but jarred works fine too!)
1/2 onion, chopped, sauted
1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook your ground beef, set aside. Cook turkey bacon, set aside. Saute onions, set aside.
While cooking your tolppings, make your dough and spread it onto desired pan. I generally use a cookie sheet and free hand it. It usually looks a bit rustic! Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes to stiffen just a bit.
Pull it from the oven and layer with your toppings, starting with the sauce. I like to put half my cheese underneath, follow with the rest of my toppings and than cover it with the rest of the cheese.
When your finished, place in the oven and heat until cheese is bubbly.


Written By Happily Domestic Contributer: Brittney Thompson
Pin It!

1 comment:

Haley McAdams said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe it's definitely a really good reward for my brother who got his Basset Certification last week. But still work on the dough first. I'm not really the cook-type but I'd like to do something special for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...