Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wordless Wednesday- Painting Ornaments

I just love this time of year! There is always so many fun things to do. A couple weekends ago a friend and I took our kiddos to a paint your own pottery studio. We let each child pick a Christmas ornament to paint. These are so nice because the studio then glazes and fires the ornaments. The end result is a pretty, shiny ornament for the Christmas tree.

Little E picked a Santa face ornament to paint. He insisted on painting it all blue. I asked if he wanted red or white and he replied, "No, Ho Ho is blue!" Silly boy!

Painting Ho Ho blue. Look how serious E looks! Haha!

The boys busy painting

C-man painting a stocking ornament.
(By the way- I forgot to get a picture of his finished ornament. Boo!)

Miss I painting a Christmas tree.

Her finished tree
(before the glaze and firing of course!)

Blue Ho Ho
(Okay, so I added some eyes and white sparkle paint. Actually, the white doesn't show up once fired, all you see is the sparkles.)

Our silly children ready to go home!


Happy Wordless Wednesday!

Pin It!

6 comments:

The Green House said...

Looks like they had a great time!

Happy WW!

CJR said...

How cute... we will be painting some this season as well...
CJR @ TMB

Kaye said...

looks like a lot of fun and some very promising artists!

I am Harriet said...

I like the blue Santa look!
Enjoy your day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/12/as-seen-on-tumblr/

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

What a fun project to do all together!! Happy December to all!

Sarah J. said...

Yesterday I was going to comment that Tate would paint his Santa blue too, but I got sidetracked and forgot until my mom called to tell me they were painting ornaments. He had a blue Santa, blue reindeer and a blue tree! :o)
I love how E is so serious about his work... and that his trusty blankie is on his chair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...