Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kolcraft Contours Optima Tandem Stroller Review and Silent Auction!!!


Kolcraft logo

I recently had the privilege of receiving a Contours Optima Tandem Stroller from Kolcraft for review. As you know, we here at Happily Domestic are huge fans of Kolcraft products because of their high quality and long term durability. I was unsure what it would be like to use a tandem stroller as you often hear how bulky and complicated they can be. Well, once again, Kolcraft did not disappoint! This is an excellent stroller, easy to use and doesn't take up too much space.

Contours® Optima™  Tandem

Features

  • Lightweight aluminum frame - only 36.8 lbs
  • Six different seating options: children can both face parent, face each other, face forward, back to back, front seat only (& large storage in the back), or use with an infant car seat
  • Height-adjustable canopies, with peek-in windows, can be raised or lowered: min. 23" to max. 27" so your baby is always covered
  • Infant car seat attachment fits most car seat brands. Additional infant car seat attachment is sold separately
  • Extra large storage basket
  • Accommodates one or two infants/children
  • Independent reclining seats, child cup holders & sun-rider canopies
  • Steering is a breeze with two 8" front single swivel wheels and 10" rear never-flat wheels
  • Four cupholders, 2 for parents and 2 for children
  • Infant head rest
  • Easy-trigger fold
  • Convenient Free-Stand™ allows the stroller to stand upright when folded
  • Height adjustable 5-point safety harness & padded infant head rest sleeves for comfort
  • One-year manufacturer warranty

Let me start by saying, no, it is not to good to be true. This stroller is light, fairly compact (for a tandem) and incredibly versatile. It is ridiculously easy to assemble and disassemble. On our walk my husband and I both felt is was very easy to maneuver. I was mildly concerned it would feel big and cumbersome but we were able to push and turn it with ease. Here are my favorite features:

Versatility: This is by far my absolute favorite feature. In fact, it is why I wanted this double stroller. Basically you can do whatever works best for you. If you want your little ones to play, they face each other. If you want them to leave each other alone, they face apart or one behind the other. You can use this as a single stroller and let your little one face you or face out. I absolutely loved being able to see Baby S' face while pushing. He loved every moment of being outside and we actually got to enjoy his laughs and smiles without trading places and walking backwards. It. Is. Fabulous. (To see all the seating options, click here. )


Easy Assembly. Now if your like me your probably thinking "That all sounds great... Until you actually want to switch everything around!" Then you might envision the chaos surrounding such an event in the mall parking lot. Fear not! With a simple push of a button you remove the seat. Than you simply click it back into place. Yep, it's that easy! It can be done in less then 1 minute. As is the norm with their products, parental ease is just as important as safety and quality.

Comfortable. When I use baby gear, I try to think of more than just affordability and convenience. It is also important to me that my baby will be comfortable. The support in the seat is soft and pillowy, covered with a velour fabric. The area that the back of their knees rest on is also covered in this fabric. Convenience bonus: The part where all the food and gunk gets squished in is covered in an easy to wipe down material. If my son gets tired I can easily adjust the foot rest so his legs are supported. If he is thirsty there is an easy to reach (but not easy to spill) cup holder right there. The safety bar that goes across the seat also couples nicely as a "toy bar" so my son has toys right there. I know that while I am pushing him around for my convenience, he is comfortable and taken care of as well in this comfortable tandem stroller.

I also really liked how nicely this fit into the back of our car. It is only about 4 inches or so thicker and taller than my full size single stroller when collapsed. Not bad! There is a double cup holder for mom and dad or siblings and a large net basket underneath big enough to carry your bag and a few extras. This is a very convenient stroller. The canopies can be adjusted to the needed height to ensure optimal sun coverage and I only need to pull a small lever to lower the seats without moving from "behind the wheel". Truly, I haven't found a flaw so far. I know this will get a lot of use once the newest member of our family arrives. I cannot wait to use this in the summer when we take all our fun day trips! Two thumbs up from me!

BUY IT- You can purchase the Contours Optima Tandem Stroller at Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, Diapers.com and several other retailers. To find one near you click here.


SILENT AUCTION

Happily Domestic is hosting a silent auction for a Contours Optima Tandem Stroller ($319 value). All proceeds will go to K.I.D.S. (Kids in Distressed Situations). K.I.D.S. is a wonderful organization that donates toys, outfits, books and more to children and families that are victims of poverty, severe illness, natural disasters, domestic abuse and families of deployed soldiers all over the country. For more information visit their website by clicking here.

The highest bidder will make a donation to K.I.D.S organization for their pledged amount. Then a copy of the receipt will need to be sent to Beth Hunter (HappilyDomestic09@yahoo.com) along with the mailing address and the stroller will be sent to the winner.


Opening bid starts at $100. Please bid in $5 increments and include an email in your comment. Bidding closes February 1, 2012 at 8:00pm (MST).


Written By Happily Domestic Contributor: Brittney Thompson

Thank you to Kolcraft who provided me with the product for review.
All opinions are my own and no other compensation
was received to conduct this review.

BIDDING HAS ENDED FOR THIS AUCTION!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Bridgett said...

$100
princessbridgett@hotmail.com

Quiverfull Mama said...

$110
housefullofmonkeys84@yahoo.com

Bridgett said...

$140
princessbridgett@hotmail.com

Quiverfull Mama said...

$160
housefullofmonkeys84@yahoo.com

Bridgett said...

$170
princessbridgett at hotmail dot co

Quiverfull Mama said...

$180
housefullofmonkeys84@yahoo.com

Bridgett said...

$195
princessbridgett@hotmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...