Friday, February 10, 2012

Pregnancy Update- 25 weeks

Only 15 weeks to go until our new little son will be here! Hard to believe. Seems to be going by fast yet so slow at the same time. Sometimes I feel like the day will never arrive. Not because I am feeling tired of being pregnant, but because this birth with be so different from my others. As I mentioned previously, I am preparing to have a vaginal birth for the first time after 4 cesareans! There is so much more preparation this time around. For starts I have hired a doula and she has been teaching us our childbirth education classes. I have assembled a birth team as well and am in the process now of planning out my labor and delivery. Since I will be having a 100% natural med free birth, I have been researching into the many ways to manage pain naturally. I will be sharing with you what I use in another post, but so far I am leaning towards a mixture of Hypnobirthing, herbs, message, and essential oils.

My doctor has also given the okay for me to deliver on a birthing stool which I am grateful for. I don't want to be on my back in bed delivering this baby! Such an un-natural way for any women to give birth! I am really enjoying the OB I have this time, she is so laid back and open to my wishes. I really feel like I am in control of my birth this time instead of being told what I need to do. I hope it remains this way till the end.

On to other pregnancy related news....

I now feel the baby move all the time. He kicks a lot and now others can feel him from the outside. I feel pretty good and don't have much to complain about besides occasional heartburn, carpal tunnel pain, and being tired. These are small potatoes in the scheme of things though. I have gained 7 pounds so far which is about right for where I am at in my pregnancy. I do not usually gain more than 20 total.

My kids are getting very excited to meet their new brother. E and J love to pat my belly and give the baby hugs and kisses. Little E talks about holding the baby and how he will sleep in a cowboy bed (I am going to sew cowboy themed bedding for the baby's mini crib). My two older children are getting excited as well. Miss "I" has finally gotten over the fact that she won't be getting a sister and both kids are looking forward to my upcoming baby shower in April. So much to look forward to this spring!

I will keep giving updates as things progress. I will also be blogging about the many things that have helped and encouraged me through this VBA4C journey. I want what I have learned to help those of you going through this same process.



Pin It!

4 comments:

Sarah J. said...

You look great, Beth! Thanks for the update. I love the little boys kissing & hugging your belly... such sweeties! :o)

HappilyDomestic said...

Thanks Sarah. :-) They will make great big brothers!

Michelle said...

I HIGHLY recommend the Bradley method. We used it for med free birth as have many of my friends. I know you will do great!

HappilyDomestic said...

Michelle- I would LOVE to take Bradley classes, but they do not offer them here. :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...