Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine Crafts - Putting Your Love into Words

I love to craft, especially if that craft turns into a gift for someone that I love. That is why Valentine ’s Day is so much fun for me! This year I am going to focus on gifts that literally tell the person what they mean to me and why they are so loved.

A few years ago I purchased a large poster board and a handful of candy bars. Together it made the perfect card to tell my husband just how I felt. You can really get creative with this! Get a marker and begin your love poem, perhaps with “Dear Sweet-tart” and continuing on with your own special message. I wish I could find a picture of the one I made to show you, but there are many great examples online.

Here’s a cute one from Pattiwack.com.I have also used this idea for teacher gifts, it could work for father’s day or any other day you want to give someone a token of appreciation or love.

For a simple, sweet gift for the hubby you could print one (or more) of these awesome “udaman” candy bar wrappers from Jeanne Winters!


I have also wanted to give this project a try using a deck of cards filled with “52 reasons why I love you.” There is a great tutorial for it on Papervine!


I made an “I Love You Because…” memo board for my man this year. This is basically an adaptation of the dry erase board tutorial that Brittney shared back in September, but instead of lining the inside with fabric you print out a page with an “I love you because…” message. Each day you can use a dry erase marker to fill in the blank and share one of the many reasons you love that person. Who knows, they might even write you a message back…hint, hint!

I might add some embellishments to mine, you could really get creative with this. Here is a link to the document I created for this project ..\I love you because Printable.pdf

Why limit the lovefest to just one day? I adore the idea of two week’s worth of love notes and treats!

There are some awesome printables and fun ideas out there, a few of my favorites are the 14 days of Valentines at Mommy by Day Crafter by Night


and the 14 fun tags at Six Sisters' Stuff!

For the kids...

These printable love notes from The Mud Pie Makers are perfect for lunch boxes or sock drawers! Just a little note reminding your kids about the meaning of love, you can write your own little message to them on the back.

I love this idea from Mama Jenn and think these will definitely be showing up on my kids’ pillows this year! What a fun way to keep the love notes going all year. My husband and I have done something similar to this for years. We have a red journal that occasionally shows up on one of our pillows with a sweet note from our spouse. I love that years of memories are contained in one book, and it is much cheaper that buying several greeting cards each month.

So take some time to share how you feel with the important people in your life. You don’t have to spend a lot of money, but expressing your love in words (or candy) can really mean a lot!


Written by Happily Domestic Contributor - Jodi Faye


Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...