Friday, April 20, 2012

Cloth Diapering Using Upcycled Materials

I am so excited to be guest blogger today over at Babyville Boutique's blog!  Since Earth Day is just around the corner, I show you how to make your own cloth diapers utilizing fabrics you may already have lying around the house!




So you want to cloth diaper your baby, are thinking about the upfront cost to get started? Do you sew? Have you ever thought of sewing your own cloth diapers utilizing materials you may already have? It's time to upcycle!
Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.
Cloth diapers can be made from a variety of fabrics, therefore giving you a wide range of fabrics to choose from with upcycling.  Jersey Knits, Cottons, Wool, Micro-Fleece and Flannels are great choices! Who doesn't have a bunch of old t-shirts, sweaters and baby blankets lying around?

Read the full blog post at Babyville Boutique's blog- click here.  Don't forget to leave comments, I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic. :-)



Pin It!

1 comment:

Sarah J. said...

Great job! I love the tie dye. I just made Tate some boxers out of an old t-shirt and Babyville's FOE. They are so cute! I will email you the link to the pattern. I think I figured out a way to make a pair using their PUL for nighttime. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...