Monday, April 30, 2012

Modest Mondays- Modesty During Pregnancy (week 4)


Today is the 4th week I am joining in for Modest Mondays (linking up at Modest Mom blog).  This may be my last modest maternity post as I am now 37 weeks and have had a LOT of cramping, lower back pain, and contractions this past weekend.  Also, my baby has dropped.  Little man could be here before next Monday, we shall see!  One can hope right?

This weeks Modest Maternity outfit: 


Shirt- Thrift shop find and not even maternity! :-)
I added a black tank underneath to make this shirt modest.

Skirt: Old Navy maternity skirt.  This is the same style as the one I wore last week (poly/spandex/rayon mix)

Shoes: Black strap slip ons I bought at Payless (last summer)

Jewelry: Matching necklace and earring set from JcPenney.  They have a great selection of sets all for under $10.  My favorite place to shop for cheap jewelry! 


To see my other posts on Modesty During Pregnancy, click here.

Pin It!

12 comments:

Kelli said...

You look so lovely and adorably pregnant! I only hope to look as cute as you in 10 weeks! I'd love you to come look at my blog, where I also have a modest maternity post up today that I linked with Modest Mom!

http://theupwardcallblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/week-of-modest-outfits-day-1.html

The Momma said...

So cute! How do you find tops that cover the underside of your belly while pregnant? This is my first pregnancy wearing all skirts and I can already see that if they aren't a maternity skirt they are going to have a tent like look to them on the bottom. Tips?

Jessica said...

You look beautiful!
I hope baby arrives quickly and easily - as easy as it can be at least :-)

HappilyDomestic said...

The Momma- The reason I can find shirts that cover the underside of my belly is because I am very short. I am only 4ft.8In. Most maternity tops are real long on me, so I can even find non-maternity that cover well (like the one in this picture). And although this is convenient when I am pregnant, when I am not it's a pain because most shirts are to long on me and hit me around the biggest part of my hips. :-( Have you tried getting some belly bands? I know a lot of women like those for extra coverage. Maybe you can even figure out how to make your own from upcycled t-shirts or something. Just a thought. :-)

HappilyDomestic said...

Jessica- Thanks! I hope he arrives quickly and easily too! :-) This will be a VBA4C for me and so a whole new adventure! Keep me in your prayers.

The Momma said...

Thanks Beth! I cut up my stretched out belly band to make my bathing suit more modest last year and I really need to learn how to make a new one!

Chari said...

That's great you are progressing some, sounds like he may make an early appearance!!

Michelle - Blessed Mom of 4 said...

I love your cute maternity clothes! Praying all goes well for your final days of pregnancy and that baby arrives safely!

Mrs. Stam said...

awwww you look adorable :-)

a little of me said...

nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more...blessings

What Joy Is Mine said...

You look so pretty. I love JC Penney for inexpensive jewelry, too. Thank you for sharing at WJIM.

Daydream Doll Boutique said...

You are so cute !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...