Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wordless Wednesday- a trip to the doll hospital

My daughter turned 10 a couple weeks ago.  I have blogged before about how my daughter LOVES her American Girl doll.  She received Ruthie when she was 6 and has played with her everyday since.  With all the love her poor doll's hair ended up looking a bit like Medusas!!  For my daughter's birthday all she wanted was for Ruthie to make a trip to the American Girl hospital to get a new head.  Oh, and she wanted her ears pierced as well. :-) Here is how the whole thing went down.....

 Medusa

Medusa's Twin


 See the netting?  She had lost so much hair over the years.


 Back of head- hair matted


 Saying goodbye!


Have fun getting a new head Ruthie!
I wonder if they use a doll guillotine for head removal? 


 One short week later
(that felt like an eternity to my daughter)


Ruthie arrived!
She came back wearing a hospital gown, socks, and a hospital band.


So happy to have Ruthie back!


 New head and nice silky smooth hair.  No more Medusa!


New and Improved!


Ruthie's hospital band


Certificate of Health


New shiny earrings in her newly pierced ears!

Need I say this doll has been an expensive investment?  If my daughter didn't love her so much and play with her everyday, there would be no way I would have done all this. Seeing how happy my daughter is with Ruthie's nice new head made it all worth it!

Happy Wordless Wednesday!
(although this post was full of words!)

Link up your Wordless Wednesday posts below:
Pin It!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

wow. I had no idea that had hospitals for dolls...I'm sure I'll be sending some in at some point. lol.

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Aww, she's all better now!

momto8 said...

I definitely learn something new everyday!

Jenny said...

Love American Girl :) The store is amazing!!! and they have actual nurses at the doll hospital in the store. It is so unbelievable. I can't wait to bring my girls. Glad your little one's doll came back in great condition from the hospital :) Thanks for the linky!

Eileen said...

I also had no idea they had this "health care system". I wonder if they sell health insurance as well. LOL!

I am pretty frugal as a mom of 6 has to be. But something like this, a treasured toy that has years of memories and a special connection with your child...that is worth the investment in her happiness and those memories. I bet she will take this doll into her adulthood and pass her onto her own daughter some day.

Such a cute idea that she came back dressed as a patient. I had NO idea. Great marketing concept for little ones.

Jennifer Leigh said...

How cool is that?!? I didn't know you could do that!

Stacey @ RealWorldMom (Linky) said...

Ruthie looks very happy to be home! :)

Helen said...

How wonderful for her! I bet she'll be more careful playing with Ruthie's hair now, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...