Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Finding My Strength


As you all know I have been preparing for the upcoming birth of my 5th child, a son.  In the past I have had to have cesarean deliveries for all my births.  This time I have been preparing for a vbac delivery.  This journey has not been an easy one.  I have come against all sorts of obstacles along the way and continue to hit a few brick walls.  As discouraging as this has been I KNOW I was lead by God to do this.  I have had peace about my choice all along and know my body is able.  I know what seems impossible to man is NOT impossible to God.  Today I received some disappointing news from my doctor that I still have not dilated.  I am 8 days over due and this means I am now left with only one week to make this vbac birth a success.  It's been hard to trust, to see how this is possible.  I refuse to give up. I know my God is bigger than this.

I wanted to share the words to a song I have been listening to each night before bed for encouragement.  It is from the Scripture Lullabies "Hidden in My Heart Vol 2" CD.  It has been such a big help in reminding me as to who is in control.  Today when I came home from my appointment I felt absolutely hopeless.  I cried and felt like God was against me.  Later after I calmed down a bit I had a serious time of prayer and then laid on my bed and listened to this song. It is so fitting for my situation!  I hope you are also encouraged by it's words no matter what you are going through at the moment.

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE
Sung by Michael Rossback

Adapted from the following scripture verses..
Luke 1:37 “For nothing is impossible with God.” (NLT)
Romans 8:31 “…If God is for us, who can be against
us?” (NKJV)

There’s a mountain in my way
Far too high for me to scale
I can’t do this on my own
It seems impossible
But I’m choosing to believe
What I know but cannot see
And I won’t give up, no I won’t because
With God, anything is possible
With God nothing is impossible
I need to know right now
Everything is possible
Lord how faithful You have been
I’ve seen it time and time again
You’re the God of miracles
And You make all things possible
So when it feels like hope is gone
You’ll be my strength, You’ll be my song
And I won’t let go of the promise that
If God is for me, who can be against me
Everything is possible
If God is for me, who can be against me


To listen to a sample of this song and others on the scripture lullabies CD, go here.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lark said...

Praying and trusting for a smooth delivery. It will all be alright.

Lori said...

Remember we are to praise Him in the good times and the hard times! Remember to thank Him for whatever His plan is...it is perfect! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...