Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Baby Shower- Western Theme

On Sunday, April 15th 2012 my friends threw me the most awesome western themed baby shower. I personally am not into western stuff, but I think it is so cute for little boys. I am sewing all the bedding for my new baby's crib with adorable retro cowboy fabric by Micheal Miller. Since his little nook in our bedroom will be cowboy themed, my friends made sure my shower fit the theme and they did a fabulous job!  


Cake was made by a friend and was the best carrot cake ever!  There was also ice tea, punch, mashed potato and gravy shots (pictured above, so cute!), fruit salad, veggies and chicken nuggets.  


 My daughter and I 


Nursing Mama Corner ;-)
Oh, and look at the sweet little cowgirl!


We played several games at the shower.  This one was by far the funniest and most disgusting!  There were 3 trays...one filled with phony kitty litter (grapenuts, flour, and tootsie rolls), one with ice cubes and the last each person had to dump jars of baby food.  Hidden in all these were beads and the object of the game was to find the beads that spell out the baby's name.  First team to spell out "Nathaniel" won and each team member received a prize.  My team won. :-)


After game time we had a time of anointing and prayer over my situation and my upcoming VBA4C delivery and for God to heal me of the annoying cough I have had since early February.  Then, I opened my gifts.  I love this picture because my daughter and I are making the exact same face! Haha!


Here I am opening some of the gifts I received.  I didn't want to bore you with every picture.  Mostly I was given cash or gift cards.  This was a blessing and helped me buy all my essential oils and herbs for birthing and a few other things I was needing.  By the way- My friend Lori made me wear that cowboy hat!!! 


Here I am with all my great friends who helped make my shower possible.  You ladies are great!  I love you!  

So wonderful to have a baby shower even with baby #5.  I feel loved.

Pin It!

3 comments:

CJR said...

Oh wow, you look amazing and your daughter has grown to be just as beautiful! Looks like you had a great time and love the name game idea. I'm trying to attempt VBAC after 2 C-sec and I hope things go well, sending prayers!
CJR @ The Mami Blog

Chari said...

Cute shower! Looks like you had lots of fun. Very sweet for your friends to throw a shower in the same theme you are doing his nursery in!

HappilyDomestic said...

CJR- Thank you! :-) Were you able to find a doctor or midwife to let you do your VBA2C? I had tried after 2 and was told no by everyone and lied to about the percentages of uterine rupture rate. It wasn't until this baby #5 that I smartened up, did a lot of my own research and wouldn't take no for an answer. Amazingly enough I found an OB willing to work with me on this. I hope you have great success with your VBAC. Good for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...