Monday, May 28, 2012

Pregnancy Update- 41 weeks and ready to pop!


Never thought I would be writing a pregnancy update past 40 weeks, but here I am.  Wow, I must say I have a new found sympathy for women who go through this with every pregnancy.  Since my deliveries were always by c-section I never had to go past 39 weeks.  I never realized how incredibly uncomfortable it gets after 39 weeks either.  I am a pretty tiny person (under 5 ft) but have average size babies.  My poor body is carrying a lot of weight!  My belly has grown 1/4 inch since last week (47 1/2 inches) and I have gained 1 more pound (18 total).  I pull my uterine ligaments ALL THE TIME.  I even pull them in my sleep and wake in excruciating pain.  Sleeping in general is a bit of a problem these days.  I am up to pee 4 times a night and wake with hip pain and have to turn several times a night.  In a nut shell....I am ready for this baby!  Ready for my body to be my own and ready for some normalcy.  Yes, I will still wake several times a night but it will be to hold and nurse a sweet baby and not from pain.

Please lift my situation up in prayer.  I have had a very trying week. I wouldn't normally be this impatient, but my going into labor on my own is crucial for the success of this VBA4C.  I have worked so hard towards this and it was nothing short of a miracle I was given an opportunity to labor and deliver vaginally after 4 c-sections.  I won't lie, I have been struggling with fear that this won't work because of my body not doing what is suppose to.  I haven't mentally prepared myself for a c-section and would be bitterly dissapointed if that is what ends up happening.

Tomorrow morning I have another appointment with my OB.  She will give me an ultrasound to do a stress test on baby and also check me to see if I have progressed at all.  I will update you all on my Happily Domestic Facebook page after my appointment.  Please visit there to find out more.


Pin It!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Good luck with everything. I carried my first till41 weeks 3 days. I am really interested to hear about a vbav after multiple sections. I've had two and was told to forget it. Glad to hear there are options. Lots of prayers you go into labor on your own!

Sara said...

I am praying for you... As a Bradley natural childbirth instructor who FULLY supports those efforts... A mom who was late with all 5 of my earliest babies... But also the mom to a son in Heaven, I just want to encourage you that a healthy mom and baby are I know your utmost desire and that if it doesn't go the way you plan... He will carry you through that too. Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby sooner rather than later :)

Cara said...

I never went more than a day over my due date, but I can testify that I was WAY uncomfortable toward the end. My last (3rd) was so uncomfortable from 32 weeks on. Ugh! I totally feel for you and KNOW you must be so terribly uncomfortable. I'll be praying for God to bring about the best possible birth experience for you and baby. He has a plan and He knows what is best! The waiting is hard, though, huh?! :o)

Hugs,
Cara

Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

I'm so sorry. :( Hang in there, your sweet baby will be here soon!

Bridgett said...

Come on baby!!!! It's time to come out :) good luck on delivering soon.

HappilyDomestic said...

Thank you ladies! I appreciate your encouraging words. I need to hear as many as I can right now. :-)

Leanne said...

I'm so sorry that your baby hasn't come yet! Come on, little one! Your mama is sooooo ready to meet you!

Your belly is still beautiful!

My friend just had her baby. She was overdue and didn't even know it was truly time to have the baby until she was ready to push! Her body had done so much work already up to that point, that she had a super fast labor!

Jill said...

Sorry to hear and praying for you. Gods timing is perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...