Friday, May 25, 2012

Proud Body Belly Art Review


Pregnancy is such an exciting time! Nothing beats feeling your little one moving inside of you and imagining how your life will change once baby gets here. As pregnancy progresses it can sometimes be a little harder to rejoice in all the wonderful parts of pregnancy. If your like me you might occasionally get swept up in the back pain, stretch marks, shortness of breath, braxton hicks and kicks to the bladder. Proud Body is a wonderful company that celebrates the wonders of pregnancy and helps remind you how beautiful you really are through pregnancy body art. I had the great pleasure of trying out 3 of the Proud Body art kits. They were fun, easy and were truly memorable.



The first that I was able to try was the Pregnancy Belly Cast Kit. I didn't do one with my 1st pregnancy so I was really excited to try one out this time around. We decided to make it while I was 25 weeks along, any bigger and Im not sure where I would have been able to put it! My mom and 2 younger sisters were able to help. They live in another state and it was such blessing to be able to involve them in this pregnancy. This kit comes with paper mache strips that you cut down to the right size for your bust, waist and belly. You simply dip it into warm water and apply. I was expecting to spend an hour waiting for it to dry but once all the strips had been applied I only waited another 10 minutes for everything to harden. Easy, fun and memorable.

Next we did the Belly Painting Kit. I have to say this was my favorite one to do! The paint doesn't last long, but it was really neat coming up with a design and seeing how it turned out. I wanted a tree of some sort (the veins on the placenta are shaped like a tree) to represent the pregnancy and my mom wanted to put in a new moon to represent new life. What came from it was, in my opinion, a beautiful piece of art. My mom did an amazing job free handing the design. It took her about 45 minutes to paint. I have to admit that I was skeptical when I saw how basic the colors provided were. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that my mom had everything she needed to create the depth of color she wanted!

Finally, I was super excited to try out the Henna Tattoo Kit! I love henna tattoos, they are beautiful, unique and most of all they are temporary. I had hoped to have my sister in law apply my tattoo but our visit was too busy and too short to make that happen. I decided to give it a go all by myself. Once you mix up the henna dye you need to wait 24 hrs. Then you apply the design you want or you free hand, which is what I tried to do. I left the dye on for as long as I could. The longer you leave it on the longer it will last so it's best to wait till it all comes off by itself. I am not very skilled when it comes to art so what transpired ended up being quite hilarious! I had an idea of what I wanted and found a picture online that would help me visualize my tattoo. I stood in front of the mirror trying to make it as nice as possible. I wasn't doing so well so my husband kindly offered to help me. My 1 yr old son thought this was all very interesting and ended up wiping off a leaf and eating it... He didn't think it tasted so great, lol! My tattoo didn't turn out very pretty and I never in a million years would have imagined my tough, military husband concentrating with a little henna bottle above my belly trying to give me a tattoo! This is a memory I will cherish and will always remember! I am so glad we were able to try it out, literally, as an entire family.

I truly think Proud Body art kits are worth every penny. They are affordable, non toxic and really help you celebrate the beauty of pregnancy. whether you have friends or family helping you make beautiful art or you are trying something on your own, the memory is priceless. I have beautiful pictures and memories of each kit with my husband, my mom and sisters and even my son! With such affordable prices, I say why not?

BUY IT- You can purchase any of the Proud Body kits at their online store, click here. Get free shipping with all orders over $25 and a free gift with orders over $35!

Written By Happily Domestic Contributor: Brittney Thompson


Thank you to Proud Body who provided me with the art kits
f
ree of charge for the purpose of this review. 
All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review and giveaway.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I love belly painting. So fun! I have had it done with each of my pregnancies and I love looking back at the photographs. Nice job on the tree.

Jaclyn Hicks said...

I wish I would have done something like this when I was pregnant. I guess I will have to wait til next time! Your painting came out wonderfully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...