Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Scripture Cards for Labor Tutorial

It is easy to forget that God is in control of everything.  Nothing is really in our hands and we need to trust the Lord to get us through hard times.  Childbirth is one of those times we need to focus our eyes on the Lord and seek him for strength.  For my upcoming birth I wanted to create scripture cards that I could easily flip through during labor to help me stay focused.  Here is how I made these.... 


Punch hole to left side of as many index cards as you need.



 Print scriptures (you can copy and paste my list. See end of post)



Place index cards in laminating sheet.


Laminate!
I have the Royal Sovereign brand and love it!  I purchased it at Sams Club a couple years ago.  If you don't have a laminating machine that's okay, you can have your lamination done at office stores for real cheap. 


 After laminating, punch holes once more and add hoop closure.


Here are the scripture verses I chose for my cards:



For God has not given us a spirit of fear;
but of power, and love
and of a sound mind.  ~ Timothy 1:7


Every good and perfect gift is from above,
And comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variableness,
neither shadow of turning.  ~ James 1:17


I can do ALL THINGS through Christ
Who gives me strength.  ~Phil. 4:13


But women will be saved through childbearing-
If they continue in faith, love
and holiness with propriety. ~ 1 Timothy 2:15


For you created my innermost being;
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
~Psalm 139: 13-14


Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you.
Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work.
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. ~Jeremiah 1:5


“For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord,
“Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give
you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
By prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present
your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends
all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in
Christ Jesus. ~Phil. 4: 6-7


We know that in all things God works for the good of
Those who love him, who have been called according to
His purpose. ~Romans 8:28


With man this is impossible, but not with God;
All things are possible with God.” ~Mark 10:27


Do you know that your body is a temple of the
Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received
from God? You are not your own. ~1 Corinthians 6:19


It is God who arms me with strength and
makes my way perfect. ~2 Samuel 22:33


The Lord is my light and my salvation-
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life-
Of whom shall I be afraid? ~Psalm 27:1


Be truly glad.
There is wonderful joy ahead!
~1 Peter 1:6


The Kingdom of God is within you.
~Luke 17:21


Stand still and consider the
wondrous works of God.
~Job 37:14


A woman, when she is in labor,
has sorrow because her hour has come;
but as soon as she has given birth,
she no longer remembers the anguish,
for joy that a child has been born into the world.
~John 16:21


Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and He will help you.
Be still in the presence of the Lord,
And wait patiently for him to act. ~Psalm 37:5-7




Pin It!

2 comments:

Trish and Rob said...

Wow what a great idea, those words are true and will get you through, good job!

Anonymous said...

These are great!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...