Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ten Tiny Toes, Oh The Places They'll Go!


I am always amazed by tiny, newborn baby feet. After each of my five children were born I would spend so much time staring at them, memorizing each tiny toenail and wrinkle. Brand new soles, yet to even touch the ground, but destined to take the body they belong to on many adventures. 


Just a few weeks ago I was praying over my new little boy’s feet, knowing that God had great plans for them. It made me imagine a young Mary staring at the ten tiny toes of her baby, Jesus. I wonder if she kissed them as I find myself doing to my babies. I wonder if she imagined them carrying her boy across the country. I know she could not have fathomed the thought of them pierced by a nail on a cross. It brings tears to my eyes even as I type the words. 

We never want to see our children in pain, even just imagining it is unbearable. Yet, I know that my baby boy’s feet will feel pain. Those tiny wrinkles soles will lead him down paths that will be painful, both physically and emotionally. 
   
 I also know that when he takes his first steps in this next year that it will be the beginning of a great journey. They will carry him across a world that will fill his mind with knowledge. They will steer him to meet people, make memories, and find love. I pray that they will always lead him back to his mama who loves him more than he will ever know.
  

Psalms 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
 
Lord, I pray for the feet of my children. I pray that you would light the path for them in this world and fill it with peace, love, and joy. May they walk with you all their days and confidently fulfill their dreams. I pray they experience so much that this world has to offer and see your hand in it all. May they dance with joy, run with strength, and stomp out any injustice in their way. Lord, protect them when they misstep and comfort them when they come running back to you. Amen.

Written by Happily Domestic Contributor - Jodi Faye 


Pin It!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...