Monday, June 25, 2012

A Little Encouragement

It has been an incredibly busy, exciting and stressful month for me. My husband received PCS (permanent change of station) orders in mid April. Not too big a deal except that I am due in early August with our second child and they wanted us to move in MAY. There was a lot of planning, sorting, praying, crying, praying, frustration, excitement, fear... more prayer. My wonderful husband has been so very patient with me and helped pick up all of my pregnancy slack without my even needing to ask. I am beyond grateful for that, but you know what? I was still overwhelmed. I am still overwhelmed! We stayed in hotels for over a week, had to find a house after we got here and now we are finally moved in. Sort of. Our stuff doesn't get here for 6 more days so all 3 of us are sleeping on the floor. My back and hips have been killing me. Truly, if I didn't laugh I would probably cry.

I promise, this isn't a big complaining poor me pitty party! The way I see it is we all have times that are overwhelming. Times that require a ton of faith because you just don't know how you are going to handle it all. Be it something more emotional than this or something stressful like moving at the end of your pregnancy with no home to move to. I wanted to share with you some scripture that I have found to be comforting and a great reminder that God is in control and that he knows what he is doing.

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his son is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. (Psalm 42: 5,8)

It was a huge reminder to read this verse in particular. We didn't have a home lined up before we came and we needed to move in within 5 days. My husband and I had some miscommunication so we also didn't have a hotel lined up when we got here. We literally stayed at 3 different hotels in a 5 day period because everyone was booked. I was more than overwhelmed! I was beyond worried we wouldn't find a house in time and would be left with homes in less than safe neighborhoods in a town with a higher crime rate than we are used to. To top it all off I had carefully packed a cooler with enough food to last us 3 or so days so we could save money. When we got here though all the ice had melted and everything had spoiled. I was then worried that we would go over our moving budget. All of that worry and fear... God knew just what to say.


Your father knows what you need before you ask him. So do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today's trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:8b, 31-34)

We all have times of stress in our life and it can be hard to remember that God still has everything under control. Especially when we feel like everything is totally out of control! I hope this can be an encouragement to you. God always knows what he is doing. He knows what stressful moments are going to bring exactly what you need later. He understands the chain of events in the future that we can't possibly grasp. He knew that the house we needed wouldn't be ready until after we got here. He also knew that we needed to learn how to handle this kind of move. We are still young, I am only 22 and my husband is just starting on his military career. This will be a part of my life and I need to learn the do's and don'ts of a military move. God knew all of that when I didn't and He knows exactly what is going on in your life too.


Written By Happily Domestic Contributor: Brittney Thompson


Pin It!

3 comments:

Chari said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with the move. That's no fun being pregnant during that. You can pick up an air mattress at Walmart fairly cheap. Top it with an egg crate foam topper to make it even more comfortable. It's better than sleeping on the floor, I wouldn't be able to handle that pregnant or not.

mail4rosey said...

I have been hearing about faith during hard times over and over for the last few days, and then I got this, lol. You know, you hear what you need...or will need soon.

Thank you for the post, and good luck with everything! Sounds like the timing of the move is not great, but yeah, it could be worse. :)

Lots of happy thoughts from me to you.

Rogers Family said...

Air mattress are the best. I use one everytime we go camping. They are about as comfy as a regular mattress. Egg crate idea is a good one as well. In fact I am thinking of doing the same. I know what you mean about the Military move. I was a Navy brat as they say and when my dad got orders tp move we were in San Diego at the time. We were sent to Massachusetts. But before we could get to the Boston area where Dad wS going o school ( MIT) we were sent to another town not even close to where we needed to be and with only the cloths we had with us. Then we found a house that we could move to and was close enough for him to get to school and mom to find work. We had to wait about a week to get our stuff. The moves like this just make u stronger as a family and a Military Wife. I have seen families get no warning. They go to wrk and told they are being moved ASP.
Hang in there you can do this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...