Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Little Merry Fellows Diaper Backpack Review!!!


As I have mentioned before, I am expecting baby #2 in August. Our son will only be 16 months so it has been my goal to find the right diaper bag, preferably backpack style, for 2 children. It was also important to me that I find something from a eco-friendly and sustainable company, organic would be an added plus! I was getting pretty discouraged when I finally stumbled across Little Merry Fellows Natural Hemp Canvas Backpack or "The Egg" Backpack. It also comes with the option of including an Organic Changing Pad. Little Merry Fellows sells everything from infant toys, diaper bag, blankets and moses baskets. All well priced, all organic and all made in the USA! I was thrilled to learn that Mary Fellow (owner of Little Merry Fellows) believed in the importance of  providing the "highest quality, made-in the USA natural, organic baby products for eco-friendly mothers, babies and children ". That is exactly what I was looking for! Now, on to the diaper bag!


It is made from natural hemp canvas and suede hemp. Why is this so great?

 "It may be one of the world's oldest fabrics, dating back to 8,000 BC. It was grown by numerous farmers like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. It's one of the strongest and most durable of all natural fabrics and is a fast growing crop. It leaves the soil in excellent condition for any other crop and is naturally resistant to mold."

See what I mean? This bag is sustainable, eco-friendly and healthy in every way. This is the kind of company I want my money going to! This bag comes with 2 main pockets, one in the front and then the large pocket. The front pocket is deeper then it appears and allows for more space then I originally anticipated. It has 4 organizational pockets perfect for diaper cream, cell phones or any other smaller items you may want to have readily available. The large pocket has 2 larger organizational pockets on the sides and the 4 medium sized pockets in between. It does not come with insulated pockets however this isn't a problem for us because we already use insulated sippys/waterbottles. 



You may be thinking "Why would I order a cream colored bag???" Well, first, it is as mentioned above, strong and durable and naturally resistant to mold. I have also found that it easily wipes clean if you get something on it. I have not yet tried (or needed) to put it in the washer. It is very comfortable to wear, the back straps are very soft and cushioned. It fits nicely on the shoulder so if you are holding your baby, trying to grab grocery bags and just want to sling it over your shoulder without it falling down to your wrist, this does job.



Lastly, I want to show you the Organic Changing Pad . It is made with organic flannel and organic wool. It is machine washable and incredibly soft. When I first received the bag and pad in the mail, my son snagged the changing pad and wouldn't give it back. He was enjoying rubbing the soft flannel against his skin! This is definitely the kind of fabric I want to lay my babies on. Knowing that it is free of chemicals and dyes makes it all the better.  



In case you are thinking that this bag couldn't possibly hold all that you need it to, I took some pictures of what I normally keep in a diaper bag. I have 6 diapers, 1 wipe case and my wallet in the front pocket. In the large pocket I have my nursing cover, a spare outfit, changing pad, first aid supplies (thieves oil, lavender oil, arnica gel and teething tablets), rattles and helicopter and my sons sippy cup. As you can see, there is plenty of room remaining. I could easily toss in blankets, burp clothes, more diapers and spare jammies for my newborn. Not to mention that I still haven't used the 4 extra compartments in the front pocket! I also really like that you have the ability to open the large pocket as much or as little as possible.


Overall, as I think I've made clear, I really love this diaper back pack. It has everything I wanted, needed and more. I feel good knowing that I am carrying around a bag that is not just beneficial to me, but beneficial to the earth as well. I will definitely be keeping this bag and their many other organic baby products in mind when I attend future baby showers! As far as I can tell, I am hooked on Little Merry Fellows!

BUY IT- You can purchase both the Organic Changing Pad and the Hemp Canvas Egg Back Pack on the Little Merry Fellows website, click here. These bags normally sell for $100 but are currently on sale for only $50! That is a HUGE SAVINGS! 



Written By Happily Domestic Contributor: Brittney Thompson




Thank you to Little Merry Fellows who provided me with the diaper bag and changing pad
f
ree of charge for the purpose of this review. 
All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received to conduct this review and giveaway.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I want one.....;)
Too bad they don't come in other "natural" colors. I love the shape. I guess it would be silly to use for something else. I think it's so cute.

Susan Brahs said...

Thank you so much for the review and photos! It really helped with me deciding to get one too. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...