Friday, September 28, 2012

How to Make Fried Apple Pies!

As I have told you awhile back I was blessed beyond measure by lots and lots of apples this fall. And growing up one of my favorite things was fried pies. We didn't ever make them often because, they really aren't that good for you. But every once in awhile they are a super treat. Here is how I tried to make them as healthy as possible.


I used my homemade yeast dough instead of canned biscuits but either one will work. Whichever you prefer or have time for.  You can always make your dough with whole wheat flour to make this a bit healthier too!


Next, I sliced and seasoned my apples with sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.


I rolled out the dough (see above) and added a small spoonful of apples to the center. Then I folded over the dough and pressed it closed with a fork, placed it in a pot of hot grease and fried until golden brown.


After I drained the pie on a paper towel I sprinkled it with sugar and served it warm. It didn't take long for them to disappear. They were so yummy!!

I hope you enjoy this idea. What is your favorite apple recipe? I can take all the ideas that you have right now. I have lots and lots of apples to use!


Written by Happily Domestic contributor- Amanda Sikes


Pin It!

2 comments:

Liz said...

We use to make these when I was a kid. They are so good!

Eliza Rae said...

This looks so yummy! I bet it would be super delicious with vanilla ice cream on top!

One of my favorite things that my grandma makes with apples is apple cake or apple bread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...