Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wordless Wednesday- Back to School Dinner 2012

As you all know our first official day week of homeschool started last week.  The weekend before I threw a Back to School Dinner for my children.  I have done this once in the past, but now that Little E and J Bug have started preschool, I think I want to start this as a tradition.  It is a lot of fun and gets the whole family excited about school starting.  


The theme was "Apples".  I bought apple place mats and cups at Walmart, burned an apple scented candle and of course decorated with apples too!



The Fam
This is the best we could get with setting the camera to auto.


 Mr. C
age 12


 Miss I
age 10


 Little E
age 4


 J Bug
age 2-3/4


On the menu was Apple Smoked Turkey with Apple Slices, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls. Apple Juice to drink of course!


 Baby N decided to give us all a treat and made his very first out loud laugh at the dinner table.  I was lucky to have my camera to capture the moment.  Wish you all could have heard it's cuteness! He was laughing at big sis by the way.


 Dessert- Apple Crisp
I used the Pampered Chef Quick Apple Crisp recipe and it was very yummy!


 Served warm out of the oven with french vanilla ice cream.  Mmmmmm!!


 Enjoying their dessert


 J thinks it's finger food! ;-)


Mama & E

Happy Wordless Wednesday!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Lark said...

It looks like it was quite tasty! I love that Apple Crisp recipe by Pampered Chef! So easy and delicious!

Have a fun school year! We started back yesterday the 4th of September and we're off to a good start!

~Amanda

Ally said...

What a fun way to start off the school year! I love all the apples. Good job, mama!

The Proverbs 31 Sanctuary said...

Hello there, I found you via womanhood with purpose blog directory, I look forward to having a look at your blog ;) Tara.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...