Saturday, October 13, 2012

Make Your Own Turkey Breakfast Sausage (Just like Jennie-O)

I started making my own sausage when I began learning about how harmful many of the commonly used preservatives and "spices" are. I was really disappointed to find out I could no longer buy our favorite breakfast sausage and that would eliminate several of our favorite dishes! After much searching, experimenting and tweaking I have finally perfected our turkey sausage. To me, this tastes almost exactly like the Jeannie-O Breakfast Sausage, only maybe a little better! And most importantly, it doesn't have any extra ingredients, just a few herbs and spices. Heres how I do it:

Turkey Breakfast Sausage

1lb Ground Turkey
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Sage, dried
1 tsp Thyme,dried
 3/4 tsp Ginger, powder
1/4 tsp Garlic, powder

You can easily do this by hand but I love my mixer! If you do use a mixer, I use the pastry attachment. Put your meat into your bowl. Add seasonings.


Turn on your mixer or begin mixing with your hands or use a spoon... Whatever strikes your fancy!


Now that your meat is mixed you cook it up however you like. When I was making this particular batch, I made breakfast patties... only the got eaten so quick I didn't get a picture! I hope you like it as much as we do!

Written By Happily Domestic Contributor: Brittney Thompson

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...