Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Mothers Day!

For several days I have been trying to figure out what I wanted to write about for Mother's Day. After all, I am a young mom still and don't have much wisdom to share yet! It wasn't until I sat down and started typing that I realized what it would be. When I was a little girl Mother's Day was a fun and special day. It was all about celebrating my Mother and making her feel special and loved. It was just as much fun for the rest of the family as it was for her! I remember every single Mothers Day morning my dad would wake me up extra early so we could get to the store before my mom woke up. We would read through lots of cards and me and my sisters would pick out just the right one from each of us. Often we would get more then one because we couldn't decide between a funny card or a serious one. Then we would go pick out some flowers and hurry home. Usually we made her breakfast in bed and while I was younger I remember hovering over her plate wanting to sneak bites and eagerly waiting for her to open my super fantastic card that I had chosen for her. After we were all ready to go we would head out to the plant nursery where my dad let my mom pick out several plants for her garden. Of course, we would get to pick out one or two as well! The evening usually concluded at my mom's restaurant of choice (Olive Garden!) and maybe a movie or some other activity.


Mother's Day for me has always been a great joy. Having a moment to really show my mom how much she means to me. My boys are 2 years old and 9 months and I am looking forward to the beginning of our own Mother's Day traditions. I hope my children are as blessed by Mother's Day as I was growing up. My mom made me feel special on her special day! Despite it being all about her, she was still making sure we felt loved and understood. I hope with all my heart that my children feel the same excitement and love over the years.

Happy Mothers Day!

 Written By Happily Domestic Contributor: Brittney Thompson

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...