Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wordless Wednesday- Spring Birthdays

Can I just say life has been anything but dull in my family.  There is always a whirlwind of activities or projects going on.  So busy in fact that I have failed to blog much about my own family since Christmas.  I won't even try to catch up at this point, but really wanted to share 2 of my children's birthday photos.  My daughter and Little E are my spring babies and this year Miss "I" turned 11 and "E" turned 5.

For our daughter's birthday we went to Colorado Springs to visit my sister and brother-in-law.  It was a joined birthday celebration as my sister was also having a birthday.  We started the morning out with presents.  One of our gifts to Miss "I" was a Caboodle filled with some fun girly stuff (make up, nail polish, face mask, etc.) 


After we got ready we went to lunch at Red Robin.  We pretty much go there for every birthday because of the free birthday burger.


The birthday song, always a joy! (not)


 After lunch we headed over to Manitou Springs to their outdoor arcade.  This was a lot of fun because they had so many old arcade games and some of them were only a nickel or so to play.

  
Playing the classics with Auntie


 I remember these spaceships from when I was a kid.


 I think I actually won this one.


The boys were SO cute on this one.  They belted out "Jingle Bells".  I only wish I had my camcorder with me.


 My daughter and I on the streets of Manitou.  Neat town, but kind of full of weirdos.


We ended the evening with dinner at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant. If you have never been to one of these I highly recommend it.  So much fun and GREAT food!  I love their Gyro Dinner with Mango tea. Yum! In the evenings the waitresses do some Greek dancing around the restaurant and they have a fire blower too.


My oldest and youngest sons. So handsome!


 The Birthday Girls


 Flaming Cheese


 Fire Blower
(This was very cool to watch)


The next day we drove to Denver and stopped by the American Girl store so Isabel could spend her birthday money.  She got her doll Molly's ears pierced and bought her a pair of saddle shoes.


 She loved looking at the Molly display.


In April we had planned a 2 week trip to Washington state to visit my husband's family.  Little E's birthday happened to fall in the midst of these plans so we decided to make it a family party and have it there.  It turned out great even though the great grandmas had no clue who or what Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are. Haha!


Big brother Mr. "C" made the birthday breakfast this time.  He made "Breakfast Pizza"!  


The strawberries are suppose to be the pepperoni. 


Birthday Boy


We served the Turtles favorite....PIZZA!


 Four of my five kiddos and the great grandmas in the background.


 My in-laws on the left, great grandmas in the back and my hubby on the right.


No games at this party just some good old fashioned sword fighting and wrestling!



Donatello banana split ice cream cake.


 I can't believe he is 5 already!


 Practicing his ninja skills.


 Vintage TMNT game.  We were so excited to find this at a thrift store.


 Shredder!


TMNT tatoos from the goody bags.


We even found him a TMNT piggy bank!  Gotta love it!

Now the summer birthdays are about to begin.  My baby turns one this Saturday and Mr. C turns 13!!!  I am soon to be the mom of a teenager!!! This is going to take some time to get use to.

Happy Wordless Wednesday
(even though this post was rather wordy)

Link up your Wordless Wednesday posts below:

Pin It!

6 comments:

Sean @DisneyDayByDay said...

Those look like some amazing birthdays! Thanks for sharing.

Cascia Talbert said...

Looks like you have been keeping busy! Birthdays are a lot of fun. Have a terrific Wednesday!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Looks like it was a great party! I can't believe they still have caboodles!

Aleksandra Nearing said...

How fun! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Amber Yoingco said...

Those are some wonderful birthday celebrations. We have our third spring birthday coming up here this weekend. Makes it busy but lots of fun.

Taressa Bell said...

These are very beautiful favors. Last month we went on a trip with my family on my daughter birthday. baby shower party favors

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...