Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Craft

As you know, I have been using Mother Goose Time's preschool curriculum with my little boys this month.  Since a holiday landed in the month, MGT included a special bonus bag with a special craft and color sheet for Father's Day.  I thought this was really neat and was glad to have something for my boys to make for the occasion.

 Father's Day Bonus Day Bag

Father's Day Lesson Plan

I was impressed the bonus bag even came with a bonus lesson plan. If you wanted, you could make a whole school day with Father's Day as the theme!


The craft was a cute little poem with your child's footprint in the center of the page.  The poem goes like this...

Walk a little slower, Daddy
For I am still small.
I'm following your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are
fast, and a little hard to see.
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
for you are leading me.

Someday when I grow up.
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a child who'll
want to follow me.
I would want to lead just  right
and know my steps were true;
so walk a little slower, Daddy,
for I must follow you.

 Making "footsteps"

 The finished product


Daddy loved it and it made his day that much more special. 

Happy Father's Day!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Love this craft! What a fun idea. I think my kids would love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...