Sunday, June 2, 2013

Getting Ready for the Zoo...

Tomorrow our zoo adventure begins and my boys are so excited!  They have been looking forward to starting their Mother Goose Time "A to Zoo Animals" preschool curriculum ever since the box arrived on our doorstep.  I have been equally excited and am so glad June is here!  


The thing I love most about MGT's themed curriculum boxes is they come with everything you need for a full 5 day preschool week. Each school day is broken down for you and the contents sealed in a plastic pouch for convenience. Couldn't be easier for the busy mama or child care provider!  Look at all the wonderful goodies included in this month's zoo animal's theme.


This is the first month I will be using Mother Goose Time's curriculum, so they sent me their Starter Pack. Whether you order at the beginning, middle or end of the year you will also receive a Starter Pack with your first order.  The Starter Pack is great because it includes everything you need to set up your school room including a wall calender, weather chart, alphabet strip, circle time cd, "Let's Begin" book and more!


In preparation for this month I read both the "Let's Begin" booklet and "Lesson Plan Book". This helped give me an idea what to expect this coming month.  I am very impressed at the simplicity of the lesson plans and how easily it can be adapted into either a couple hours or a full blown day.  We moms need this flexibility as our schedules can sometimes be a bit unpredictable.


Another thing I did to prepare was clear out my son's desks, cleaned our school room and hung the June calender and weather chart above their desks.  I think it is so fun how each month's theme comes with it's very own calender. I know my boy's are going to have fun counting the days and checking the weather!


I think we will have some friends joining in this month, what do you think? *:) happy


I also looked over the Gathering List to see what items I will need for the month.  Included in each monthly teacher pack is a Gathering List. This list will make you aware of any items you may need that are not included in the monthly kit.  Most items can be easily found in your home or cost very little.


Lastly, I picked up a few animal books at a used book sale. Thought these would be fun to read along with our lessons.  I am also excited to read the monthly book that came with this month's curriculum, "Y is for Yak" looks fun!



I hope you follow along this month as I plan to show all the wonderful things my boy's will be learning. It will be great fun!

Let the animal adventure begin!


Disclaimer - Mother Goose Time sent me their curriculum in exchange for review. All opinions are mine, I was not committed to write favorably. I received no other compensation. I am disclosing this information in compliance with the FTC Regulations.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Quiverfull Mama said...

I have never heard of this company before. This looks like fun! I will have to look into this. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the boys are having a blast learning. I have not heard of this company either. It looks like a great source for early learning.

Sara R said...

AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous curriculum. I wish they did high school!!

HappilyDomestic said...

Haha! I don't know about high school, but maybe early elementary for homeschoolers. :-)

Sarah J. said...

I love the picture of the boys cheesing! Little E is much too interested in looking over the supplies to look at you for a picture. I always look at garage sales for books. We have gotten several animal related books through the Imagination Library. It's such a great literacy resource too! :)

Jodi Faye said...

I love how easy this was for you to prepare and how you can just grab and go if you travel and don't have to miss a day! I am going to check out this curriculum for Lucy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...