Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wordless Wednesday- Barnum and Bailey Circus

Last weekend our family made a trip to Colorado Springs to visit my sister and her husband.  They treated our family to a day at the Barnum and Bailey Circus.  It was held at the World Arena and drew in quite the crowd.  We pretty much had to sit in the nose bleed section, but still had a lot of fun.  I haven't been to the circus in years!


 My sister and her husband with my daughter Miss "I" and son Little "E"


 My hubby and I with our baby boys


The circus started out with the clowns, dancers, etc. They did a construction theme.


 Horse Tricks


The high wire act was pretty amazing!  These guys jumped over each other, carried each other on their shoulders and even rode bikes across the rope.


My oldest son with Uncle "C"


Tigers!


 The fam watching the show


I always love watching the elephants. 
In the first act they had one come out and paint a picture. So cool!


We had a great time and the kids loved seeing the animals.  In fact, we were a bit bummed there were not more animal acts.  The majority of the circus was acrobats.  The circus has changed a lot since I was a kid.

Happy Wordless Wednesday!
Link up your own W.W. Posts below...
Pin It!

6 comments:

Joyce Lansky said...

I love the circus! My daughter has a free ticket to go anytime in her lifetime. I'm sure the price has gone up since she got the ticket in 1993.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/06/wordless-wednesday-mazel-tov.html

posh said...

I haven't seen a circus in forever!

lisa said...

Love the circus... nosebleed seats... not so much. lol (I'm afraid of heights...) Great time you all had and thanks for sharing.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Looks like fun! The elephants were always my favorite part!

Elizabeth A. said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I think some of those acts would have had me closing my eyes. Jumping over people? Yikes!

Stacy said...

We love the going to the circus and they put on an awesome show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...