Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wordless Wednesday- Drive In Movie Theater

Last Friday night our family headed to the drive-in movies to see the new Superman and Iron Man 3.  Yes, there is some drive-in theaters left in this world, I know it's hard to believe!  We actually have to drive 45 minutes to get to this one, but it is so much fun we try to do it at least once every summer. The only down side to this, we get home around 2:30 am! We are zombies the next morning, but that's besides the point.

My goofy Kids
 One of the things I love most about the drive-in is the family atmosphere.  We bring in our own food, people are hanging out before the show playing frisbee and whatnot, music is playing, and everyone is having a good time. It also helps that kids under 11 get in free and you get to see 2 movies for less than the cost of 1 movie at a regular theater!

Me and my honey
The sun was setting when we took these pictures and that is why everything looks orange.  It was such a pretty sunset!

Baby N hanging out in his PopATot.

Eating up the popcorn before the show even begins.


Pretty much the way my son looks everywhere we go, nose in a book!  Ah well, it's better than being on a cell phone or playing video games.  I love that my older children love to read so much.

Kisses for Mama

Pure Silliness!

Mama, Baby N and Miss I

Popcorn Snatchers!

Scary!


Interested in finding a drive-in movie theater near you?  You can locate one at Drive-ins.com: http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/open.



Happy Wordless Wednesday!
Link up your own Wordless Wednesday posts below.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Great pictures! There is a drive-in about an hour from us, but we haven't been... yet. :)

Sarah J. said...

Great pictures! There is a drive-in about an hour from us, but we haven't been... yet. :)

BethElderton said...

This is great! I did not know there were drive-ins still open. I remember them well from my childhood.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Looks like a great time. I've never been to one!

mail4rosey said...

My kids used to LOVE the drive-in. They don't have any where we live now.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I have wanted to do this with my men for a long time! I loved your post, what a precious night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...