Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wordless Wednesday- First Day of Homeschool 2013

Back to school time!  Yep, we just started our 2013-14 school year this past Monday.  Yes, I know it was a holiday, but my husband wanted to stay busy on home projects so I decide to go ahead and start school.  The day went great and I felt relieved to have pulled it all off on time.  You see, I just recently had surgery to repair a ureteropelvic junction obstruction on the 21st and spend a couple days in the hospital and have been in recovery mode ever since.  I was actually planning to start a lot sooner until all this happened.  Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans! 

Last year we had our schoolroom in one of our small 10x10 bedrooms.  Last spring we moved everyone's bedrooms around and switched our schoolroom into the room my husband and I were using as our bedroom (which also use to be the family room).  We have a small house and are constantly trying to think up ways to make the best use of our limited space.  I feel blessed to have a room I can designate for school.  I don't know how I would homeschool without it.

Okay...here is it


Sorry the picture is kind of dark.  This room has no windows and does not have the best lighting for picture taking.


This is my area of the schoolroom.  Yeah, I still have quite a bit of organizing to do.  ;-)


My daughter "Miss I" now in 6th grade


My oldest son "Mr. C" now in 7th grade


J Bug- age 3

This technically isn't my preschool boys first day as we have been doing preschool at home all summer long using Mother Goose Time's curriculum.  I decided to take their pictures anyway. :-)


Little E- age 5


Working on writing the number 1 using Rod and Staff's counting with numbers preschool workbook.


Happy Wordless Wednesday!

Link up your own W.W. posts below...

Pin It!

3 comments:

MJ @ Creative Madness Mama said...

Wonderful family. I understand the surgery bit, mine was the 28th - different procedure same area. Physically I feel like I'm ready to go, but my husband and the end of the day tells me I'm trying too fast.

I only have one in school, and it' only K4 - so we're all learning (with tot school #2 following around us). We have a school room all set up in part of my quilting den, but for now we've relocated to the dining room table. Easier for me to sit and open room as opposed to the small room with no fan. I'm not sure what we'll do about that, but perhaps when the weather cools it will be better...

Kira said...

Love the set up, best of luck this school year.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

You did a great job! No windows might help with distractions and will be great when you have movie days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...