Wednesday, March 19, 2014

St. Patty's Day at Our House

St. Patrick's Day is never a holiday we seem to prepare for much, but one we all seem to enjoy.  The kids get a kick out of wearing green and I always prepare the traditional corn beef and cabbage dinner.  Over the past few years, I have added the tradition of buying a leprechaun cake and ice cream for dessert.  The day started with preschool for the boys.  As you know Little E and J Bug attend a little Lutheran preschool twice a week (as well as homeschool).  At school everyone wore green, made leprechaun hats, and they got a special treat of shamrock cookies for their snack.

In the evening while they were waiting for dinner Little E decided to use his green play basket and go around finding any toys with green.  J Bug joined in and they had a fun little scavenger hunt.  


Here they are so proud of their green toys.  Even baby N had to join the picture.  I thought this was so cute, because he acted as if he were one of the big boys.  Just look at him!  I love it!


That's a whole lotta green!


After the bigger boys abandoned the basket and hat  Baby N had to try them out.  Tee Hee!


So cute!


This boy cracks me up!


My plate
We also had cream soda with our meal and my hubby had green beer.



Cheers!

(In case your wondering, his shirt says, "Pinch Me, you will not".)



I can't tell whether they like it or not.  



Me and my sweet baby boy


Very excited for dessert!


Our Leprechaun Cake 


Served with mint chocolate chip ice cream


Pin It!

1 comment:

Amanda Sikes said...

Looks like a great day!! Lots of fun and memories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...