Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Day of Homeschool 2014

This is our 8th year homeschooling.  I can hardly believe it has been that long!  This year I was especially excited because Little E starts Kindergarten and it is my absolute favorite grade to teach!  We actually started last Monday, August 18th but as usual I am late in posting.  Sometimes life takes priority, what can I say!  Anyway, wanted to share my children's first day of school pictures and I hope you all enjoy them.


We started the day with a hearty breakfast, breakfast burritos!  Baby N thinks he is King and likes to eat on top of the table!  Silly boy!

 East Side

Our School Room

West Side

 Baby N (age 2)
Tot School-A.K.A "Run all over the house and do whatever I please school"

 J Bug (age 4 3/4)
Pre-K

 Little E (age 6)
Kindergarten

Miss "I" (age 12)
7th Grade

 Mr. "C" (age 14)
8th Grade

Mama- The Teacher
(I actually never sit at my desk during the school day. I am always busy doing things.)

This year my children are doing a wide variety of activities and we are using a mix of curriculum.  To see what we are doing read my curriculum post, here.


My kindergartner was soooooo excited to complete his first reading lesson.  He even read a simple story and got to put a sticker on his reading chart!



For my little boy's writing we are using Handwriting Without Tears.  Here are my boys jamming out to the "Where do you start your letters" song.  They are such a hoot!  They love to dance.


More Dancing


 Here they are practicing their F's with the Wet-Dry-Try method.


 Handwriting is fun!


In the afternoons as baby naps, I teach my older children either their History or Science.  While teaching my older children, the little boys do yoga!  They think it is the best.  We have several kid's yoga videos they love to use.


Yoga Time!


That is some of what we did the first day.  It was an absolutely perfect first day of school.  The kids behaved and everything went as planned.  I was so pleased!

Do you homeschool?  I would love to read about your first day/week of school post?  Please share the direct link to your post in the comments section below.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Lark said...

Looks like you had a GREAT first day! I started my homeschooling on August 18th. We have had a pretty smooth first week and a half. I haven't taken any pictures...yet. I love your school room!! I wish I had a separate space to make into a school room, but I don't. We have to do our school work in the kitchen. I do have school desks, but they are just in the corners of the dining area....not much space at all!! I absolutely love yours! I am super jealous! ;)

HappilyDomestic said...

Lark- Thank you! I feel blessed to have a school room. It makes all the difference to me to have my own space. Speaking of my school room...I totally forgot I took pictures of the room before our first day! Just added them to the post. :-) I am glad to hear your first week and a half have been going well. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't blogged in awhile and was beginning to wonder if anyone out there read my blog anymore. Glad to see you still do. :-)

HappilyDomestic said...

Lark- Thank you! I feel blessed to have a school room. It makes all the difference to me to have my own space. Speaking of my school room...I totally forgot I took pictures of the room before our first day! Just added them to the post. :-) I am glad to hear your first week and a half have been going well. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't blogged in awhile and was beginning to wonder if anyone out there read my blog anymore. Glad to see you still do. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...