Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Making Time for Special Memories


If you’re like me, you find it hard to do well in all areas of life. I try to balance my relationship with God, working full time as a first grade teacher, working out, cleaning the house, being a wife, and taking care of my most precious gifts, my children. I found that it is essential to find ways to do well without letting other areas suffer. I found that instead of segregating the areas of my life, I should combine them. For instance, I can go on a prayer walk or prayer run. Better yet, I can do that with my children or husband. I have also played cleaning games with my children. Whenever I can combine the important areas of my life, I feel like I get more accomplished and all my treasures feel loved. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that sooner!



Not only do I like to combine activities in my personal life but also in my classroom. I recently designed an activity to put in my students’ memory book. We are in the process of learning about Thanksgiving, so I had them do an activity that combines handwriting, Bible, and their precious handprint! I had my students write the Bible verse 1 Thessalonians 5:16 on this special paper. I also had them place their handprint in the circle and decorate it like a turkey. This activity can be used by teachers in public, private, or home school classrooms. See the link below on TpT:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/K-2nd-Thanksgiving-Writing-Paper-with-Handprint-1574489

Written by guest blogger, Jacqui Fletcher

Jacqui is a wife, mother and 1st grade teacher at a Christian school in beautiful Washington state. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh, I love this! Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...