Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thank You Time!

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, November is a great time to teach children to be thankful. This week we are on the "Thank You Time" theme in the Buttercups November/December curriculum kit.  We discussed what it means to share and sang a cute little song about sharing to the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus".

I feel so happy when I share,
When I share, when I share.
I feel so happy when I share
And take time with my friends.


I introduced this weeks vocabulary cards to Baby N.  He really enjoyed the Thanksgiving card. We talked about each food item as he pointed to it.  I told him how these are the foods we eat at Thanksgiving.  It will be interesting on Thursday to see if he puts the two together. He's a pretty observant little guy so it would not surprise me.


We learned the sign for thank you and practiced it together. I explained to my son how it is important to say thank you when someone gives you something or does something nice for you. Saying thank you is something we are constantly teaching our children in our home.
By the way, Baby N would not let me take his picture when he signed.  He got super mad.  Haha!


Turkey Stick Puppet 


 I told Baby N a turkey says, "gobble, gobble, gobble".  Here he is making noises with his turkey.


 In the ART PACK:

Dried Corn Hanger


This particular craft was a lot of fun.  What child doesn't enjoy bubble wrap!  First the boys cut out the corn templates and then used them as a guide to trim the bubble wrap to shape.


J Bug preparing to cut out his corn design.


Then the boys painted their bubble wrap in yellow and brown to resemble dried corn.


After the paint dried, we added raffia string and wallah...dried corn!


Want to learn more about the Buttercups program for infants and toddlers? You can read my full review, here. To read all my Funshine Express posts, click here
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...