Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Countdown Chain with a Twist!

 My kids started asking me in October how many more days there were until Christmas! I decided on the first of December that it would be time to make a Christmas countdown chain. Doing a Christmas countdown chain is a great idea to help kids independently to keep track of how many days there are until Christmas. It also helps them to develop their number sense as well as they are counting down each day.

I designed a Christmas countdown chain with twist. Each link has words written on it with a task for the day. It may be a simple exercise or an activity that will help them to remember the real meaning of Christmas each day.


I started using this in my first grade class a couple years ago. Each year, my students are so excited to see what their links say to do for the day. My son also made one last year when he was four. He really enjoyed it as well. It is typically great for preschool through second grade, but it can be used for older kids as well.

Happy counting!

You can find the link to my Christmas countdown chain at Teachers Pay Teachers:



Written by guest blogger, Jacqui Fletcher

Jacqui is a wife, mother and 1st grade teacher at a Christian school in beautiful Washington state. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...