Sunday, January 11, 2015

Have a Sparkling New Year!

It's been a long time since I have updated my blog.  This past month has been one of the most stressful times we have experienced in a long time.  On top of the holidays, we closed on a new home (we purchased a foreclosed home which was quite the long, grueling process), moved in the snow, and battled the stomach bug in our family.  I am thankful for this new year for many reasons, but at the top of my list is the mere fact the stress we had to experience has now ended!  I am ready to get back in the swing of things.  My children and I started up homeschool again this past week and are enjoying the normalcy school brings to our days.

My little boys were especially excited when I pulled out January's Art Pack from Funshine Express! They have been asking to make crafts.  It is their favorite past time.  :-)


New Year Wishing Wand art supplies

January's Art Pack contains 8 of the best art projects from the January Fireflies curriculum kit. Themes for this month are "Wheeling About" and "Sparkles and Shivers".

This week we completed one project from each theme.  First we made New Year's Wishing Wands.

These were fun and the boys loved adding sparkling glitter to their projects.  

 So Sparkly!

 Make a wish!

Baby N having fun and making wishes!

Lots of sparkles for J Bug!

 Happy New Year!

 Beetle Bug Car art supplies

Our second project was Beetle Bug Cars.  This project had the boys coloring, cutting, pasting and drawing.  They really put a lot of thought into how they wanted their roads and cars to look.

 Drawing trees

 Time to add the beetle bug car!

 Drawing the driver

 "Look what I made, mama!"  So proud. 

 Vroom, Vroom!

Beautiful!

Want to teach your child art in a fun, stress free way?  Check out the Monthly Art Packs from Funshine Express.  Click here.

To see all my Funshine Express blog posts, click here.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...